Thursday, March 23, 2006

The time has come!!!! Finally the PSSA tests have ended, and I'm actually looking forward to a full day of teaching tomorrow. I originally had the misconception that proctoring the exam would equal extra grading/lesson planning time, but I probably could not have been more wrong. Proctoring the exam in my classroom essentially consists of preventing my students from calling each other "hoagie head" and "stutters" all period. Needless to say, I rarely get a break, for I seem to have to talk to them about every five minutes. In addition to the behavior control piece, the PSSA testing procedures require that teachers be "actively" proctoring exams all period. This means that all teachers should be walking around the room making sure all students are following rules and procedures. What becomes problematic, however, is that our testing period lasts for approximately 3.25 hours. So the PSSA test for teachers is really like a cross between baby sitting and competitive walking, but the walker never seems to get ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home