Tuesday, May 23, 2006

So I'm still incredibly bogged down with end-of-the-year paperwork that is all due next week. I don't know if it's the weather, the sesame chicken I ate on Sunday, or all the work I've been doing, but I hardly have enough energy to do anything after school anymore. If I've learned anything this year, it's been that many people in this profession treat teaching as their life as supposed to simply a means to feed their families. I feel as if I'm dedicated to improving the lives of my students as much as the next teacher, however, I do feel that it's important to take care of oneself both mentally and physically. I find it difficult to swallow sometimes when I get home and don't even have enough energy to prepare dinner. My goal is to create some sort of balance, but it's certainly not happening now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home